Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Keep Talking, Your Father Is Listening!

Afew days before Valentines Day my 12 year old daughter said; "Daddy, nobody at school wants to be My Valentine ". What is something wrong with me, I don't understand. As a Father I did not have any thing to say I was just Listening to her as she talked about her feeling rejected. She and I talked for a while about why she felt the way she did, It became very clear she just like anyone else just wanted someone to show her that she was loved or liked for a day,if nothing else. Finally, our conversation changed to other things but I was still hearing what she had said earlier. Today's the day "Valentines Day" took the kids to school, ran some errands, and before I knew it, it was time to pickup my 12 year old daughter from school. Now, remembering what she had said about no one wanting to be her Valentine. Here is the Fathers chance to show his daughter what it means to "Be Her Valentine". As I'm on my way to get her I stopped and picked her up a soft teddybear, nothing outragest just a little something to show her that what she had said from her heart, her Father was Listening. We got home and I surprised her with the teddybear and I ask her if she would be My Valentine. Needless to say she almost cried.
You see as a Father you must have an ear to hear your children, just as are our Heavenly Father hears us when we talk to him. By listen to my daughter, and responding to her desire for love she received from her Father, not some joker on the street, her Father the love she was looking for. So Keep Talking, Your Father Is Listening!!!Min. Chris

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome minister Chris, You had me tearing up on that one. Our young girls especially need constant reassurance of the love that is there for them. They often look for it in all the wrong places. but maybe, if we as parents showed them a profound love they wouldn't have a need for a love of the world. Keep writing, this is great encouragement.

    ReplyDelete